Sunday, July 24, 2011

After the party...

First journal for Kat eye view "Find Your Eye" photo course.  Why I love photography?
It started about 28  years ago with the birth of my first child.  I didn't want to miss a thing... so photography was a way of DOCUMENTING my life.  I have three kids, the youngest is 24 and all are out of the house:(    So, my LOVE and PASSION for photography went into a different direction.  It was more about creating something that makes me HAPPY, to stop and take notice, to capture an image, capture the beauty, and capture a moment in time that would normally go unnoticed by others.  I love this shot because I found a BEAUTIFUL MESS after the guests had gone home.

5 comments:

  1. Janice - what a lovely shot of a beautiful mess. The purplish-blue of the bottles against the white and glass of the table is stunning. Great bokeh as well. This image captures a real party atmosphere - of good friends, good conversation, good food.

    (Over from FYE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janice - popping over from Kat's course. I can relate although I'm at the beginning of that journey with no little ones to photograph. I actually find myself taking more pictures before or after such events because I like to focus on details that tell the story. Love the bokeh in this shot. I'm sharing my story tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photography and blog design. Like the focus, palette, and Bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is a typical photograph, you must be happy indeed! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot! I love the tones and that gorgeous bokeh! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete