Sunday, April 8, 2018

Liberate Your Art 2018



This is my 8th year of LYA postcard swap.  It is always exciting to receive pieces of art in the mailbox this time of year, thanks to everyone who participated and especially to Kat for hosting this amazing event.  Above are my three designs I sent out this year, these angels were part of an online class I took called wings of hope and were made with National Geographic magazine papers dissolved with CitraSolve cleaner and degreaser.
Below are the five postcards from the main swap.

Postcard #1 is fom Johna Elliott from almost famous studios in Helena Montana.  It found a perfect home... I love flowers!


Postcard #2 is a beautiful sea/water inspired zen doodle from Peggy Catherine Cheate.  She writes keep doing what is in front of you with all your heart and with love and what is meant for you will find you.    Beautiful right?


Postcard #3 "King for a Day", is a stunning piece of art by Jennifer Lommers from Corvallis Oregon. Jennifer writes, "may each Raven you encounter bring you great luck and fortune!",  I will be keeping this little bird close by for luck!  Thank you Jennifer, your art is amazing.



 Postcard #4, Blue Rabbit: Wild and Free by Lisa Murphy Art.  Another stunning piece of artwork.  I have admired her work since I first saw it a few years ago on a LYA swap and am thrilled to finally get one of her cards.  Thanks for sharing Lisa.     


And finally Postcard #5.  This beauty comes from Nick Hodgson in England.  Nick says he enjoys traveling and making new friends all around the world but especially loves to come home to this beautiful part of England.  I would love to visit one day, thanks Nick for sharing your beautiful country with me!


Now I am looking forward to Kat's postcard, it should be here soon!  And also looking forward to all the side swaps.  Thanks again Kat for another awesome year.


From Anne Stuer.
 From Kathy McIntire.
 From Michele Matucheski.
 From Dave Wolanski.
 From Kate Lehman.
 From Nick Hodgson.
   Thanks to all of you for these awesome postcards.                         

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful assortment of cards sent and received :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. The angles are magnificent. I love how you've displayed the beautiful postcards you received, and I must ask since I think I read you're in California...where do you live. I see grapevines behind one of the postcards and I know grapevines grow in many California locations, but are you near Plymouth, California. My cousin lives in that neck of the woods. I'm originally from California so it's home to me...and always beautiful. Take care and see you here next time.

    Suzette
    Notes From the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not near Plymouth, it's far north from us. I am located in Santa Maria, between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo. The vineyards run from Santa Barbara all the way up the coast. It is beautiful country!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work, Janice! Love your cards and the ones you received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards Janice and I am really looking forward t getting one of your angels. I am going to follow your blog so I can see each new creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you staged your cards. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. Hope to see you in the swap again next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your angels are so sweet... And I like the way you displayed the cards you received !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your angels are so charming! And what a wonderful collection of postcards you received. You've displayed them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janice-- You've done amazing things with the Citrasolve art! I've worked with that in the past -- The background for my own blog is a citrasolved page from years ago -- Bit I never thought to go any farther with them than backgrounds. Makes me want to get out the old magazines and solvent and do another batch! Beautiful work, once again! And you've done a lovely job of photographing the cards you received in a away to make them feel at home in their new space. I hope you've received my side swap card by now, too. Keep making art! -- Michele at Sweet Leaf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your cards are delightful Janice! Fun, fun, fun! I don't think I saw all of them on Facebook. You are the third person I have heard using Citrasolv, really interesting technique.
    Such a lovely batch you received. And you are right, more on the way. Including mine ;) Always so glad to see you in LYA. Keep on Liberating your ART Janice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use Citrisolve all the time! It has another use! I must check this out!

    Just got your card yesterday! Mine will go out tomorrow.

    Love how you displayed all the cards you received!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha, look up citrasolve and national geographic magazine technique.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful angels, Janice! You received some wonderful pieces of art. Love the way you displayed each one!

    ReplyDelete